BRPA Pool Board minutes – August 11, 2015

BRPA Board Meeting                                                                                08/11/15             

                                                                                                            7:30pm

Meeting Minutes                                                                                         

Members Present: Kurt Karsten, Jay Green, Renee Rubin, Bruce Reiter (AC), Lee Shackelford, Megan Reiter, Akshay Gandhi

Pool Updates

  • ·         Staffing changes taken care of for August
  • ·         Hours will reduce to 4p-8p
  • ·         Chlorine issues resolved by Akshay
  • ·         Snack bar staff happy with their income this year
  • ·         Very happy with Paola job performance

Pool furniture

  • ·         Discussed whether furniture replacements will be necessary- Order 5 replace broken ones, umbrellas, along with stands, 2 chairs, and 3 lounge chairs
  • ·         We will check our inventory and with Jocelyn.
  • ·         Before the end of the year look over decks to make sure when don’t need to make some board replacements
  • ·         Check out wall for loose stones
  • ·         Go over the pool plaster job looking for roughness before end of the year
  • ·         Check all pool ladders and be sure they are note loose

Treasurer update:

  • ·         New cover for pool $11500 contracted and installed by DRD

Motion to approve purchase of a pool cover.  DRD will install the anchors and the cover.  All members present approved.

  • ·         Fence replacement or repair? Will have to revisit this soon.
  • ·         Paint pergola and replace cover
  • ·         Iron railings are going to be needing replaced
  • ·         Tree trims and cut down (3 trees):  Bruce will check with Gary LaDar, Tree and Landscape business in AC.  We already have permissions to move forward.
  • ·         Registering winter boat storage process needs revisions: Jay will update forms.  Will Will Cheryl Lydle take these applications and handle processing them or should someone else? Renee offered to help.  
  • ·         Kayak Rack by the pool is becoming cumbersome for landscapers.  It’s a BRPA issue.  Who’s responsible?  Should AC also have to pay for keeping boats there?  Send an email out reminding people to take their boat home in the winter months. Kurt will review and address this later.
  • ·         SUP Paddle Board Business: it is a BRPA approved activity.

New Business

  • ·         Bike race rest stop at the pool on October 18th has been approved.  We will need a few volunteers
  • ·         Will winterize pool area after Oct. 18th
  • ·         Luau last party of the pool season:  Who’s on the luau party committee?  We will have a scaled back version of Luau Sept. 12th:  Jocelyn should send a save-the-date. Cost:$15, $25 couple and $5 for kids (12 and under), Renee to email mail Jocelyn and cc Parker and Kurt. 

Food for event: pool will provide meat, beans, coleslaw, and beverages.  No band.  Reiter will DJ event.  Will need decorations.  Possible tasting booth for Blackwater Whiskey

  • ·         Turkey Trot updates (Lee):  has a call this week with T3 chip service.  Will ask them about permits, new logo, working on shirts, and advertising. Will  have extra t-shirts on hand, planning for packets pick ups the night before. More updates to come.  

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm

Leave a reply