Pool Hours & Rules
The pool is open daily from Memorial Day weekend through the 3rd week of September. Regular pool hours are as follows:
|Monday – Thursday||10 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
After Labor Day, the pool is open the following two weekends only. The hours are:
|Friday||4 p.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
BRPA Admission Rules
The gate guard will check your name in the computer and make sure you and your family are registered.
- All adults can use any official picture ID, past pool ID, driver’s license, or work ID
- Children ages 11 and up can keep picture identification at the admission gate
- Children ages under 11 must be accompanied by an adult with identification
Each membership is allowed two free guests per day. More than two guests will result in a guest fee of $3 per guest per day, which will be billed to the member at the end of the year. Guests may not be residents of Bay Ridge or Annapolis Cove.
1. Submit registration on the BRPA website.
2. Give the treasurer payment to 2 Herndon Avenue.
3. The treasurer will update your paid status in the registration database.
CBF may have up to 10 passes per day to be maintained at the pool gate. Only employees of CBF may swim during pool hours, or CBF work hours. Employees must show a CBF ID card to be admitted. Once 10 employees have used the cards that day no more will be admitted.
Pool Parties During Day
Day parties cannot exceed 20 people. If people attending live in Bay Ridge or Annapolis Cove, they must be a pool member. A list of people attending must be given to gate guard 24 hours in advance to make sure enough guards are on duty. Contact Cheryl Lytle [email protected] to make a reservation.
The Bay Ridge Pool Association is committed to maintaining a first class swim club that provides members with a safe pool facility in a beautiful setting for personal recreation and enjoyment. The following rules have been developed in an effort to fulfill this vision.
- The Bay Ridge Pool Association (BRPA) has entered a contract with an independent pool management company which delegates to that company the responsibilities for maintaining and managing the pool during regular pool hours and special events that are staffed through the pool management company.
- These operating rules will be enforced by the lifeguards and pool manager who are agents of the pool management company. Failure to observe and obey these rules or failure to comply with the lifeguard or pool manager’s interpretations of these rules will result in suspension of a member’s or guest’s pool use for the day. Repeated or serious violations may result in a loss of pool privileges.
- Lifeguards and/or the pool manager must be present during times the pools are in use. No one may enter or stay in the pools without a lifeguard on duty.
- All swimmers shall exit the pool when the lifeguard leaves his/her station or upon the lifeguard’s request.
- All persons using the pool or pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. BRPA and the management do not assume responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
- Members must present identification cards and sign-in upon entering the pool facility. Your cooperation in presenting ID cards and signing-in helps the pool management company keep accurate records of pool usage. This ensures adequate lifeguard coverage now and in the future.
- Guests must also sign in and complete a registration form. Members’ accounts will be charged the guest fee for each guest 6 months or older who is not utilizing one of the member’s guest passes (no cash should ever be paid to the gate guard). Members will at all times be responsible for their guest’s compliance with these rules. Guests must be accompanied by a resident at all times. When the member leaves, their guest(s) must also leave. Lifeguards may refuse admittance to any persons who are not members, in their sole discretion.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult family member or babysitter at all times. Such babysitter must be 13 years of age or older.
- All Children must pass a basic swim test administered by the lifeguard before using the main pool without direct adult supervision. Children must pass a basic swim test administered by the lifeguard before using the diving boards. Lifeguards may restrict use of the main pool by people under 18 years of age for 15 minutes of each hour, in their sole discretion (Adult Swim Time).
- Children using the baby pool must be directly supervised by an adult or supervising guardian.
- Infants and Children who are not toilet trained are not permitted in either the baby pool or the main pool without wearing tight fitting rubber pants or an approved swim diaper. In the event of a fecal contamination, the pool will be closed in accordance with Health Department regulations. Reopening of the pool is the responsibility of the Management Company who will determine when the quality of the water is safe for the members to return to swim.
- Life preservers, inner tubes and water wings are not permitted at any time. For artificial flotation purposes, the only item which may be used is a US Coast Guard approved life vest. If a child uses this item, the child must be accompanied in the main pool by an adult.
- Rafts, floats, and all other swimming aids are prohibited when the pools are crowded or their use is otherwise unsafe, as determined in the sole discretion of the lifeguards.
- Parents or supervising guardians are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children at all times.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, roughhousing, dunking, unsafe play, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area is prohibited at all times. Spouting of water and similar unhygienic acts will not be permitted in the pool.
- No abusive or profane language or breach of the peace will be tolerated.
- Animals of any kind are not permitted in the pool facility.
- All radios must be kept at a low volume.
- Bicycles, motorbikes, scooters, rollerblades and skateboards are not permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Baby strollers are not permitted within ten (10) feet of the pool.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted in the pools as determined in the sole discretion of the lifeguards.
- All bathers must wear swimsuits- no cutoffs allowed.
- All persons coming to the pool deck from the beach must wash off all sand before entering the pool deck or pools using the provided showers or foot wash facilities.
- The Bay Ridge Pool is a non-smoking facility.
- No glass of any kind will be allowed within the pool facility, except within the upstairs recreation room.
- At anytime, lifeguards may restrict eating areas. Food and drinks should be kept away from the pool at all times and trash disposed of immediately in the waste containers provided. If a substance is spilled on the pool deck, clean it up immediately and notify a lifeguard.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time. The individual on the diving board may bounce only one time on the end of the diving board and must go straight off the diving board. The diving well must be clear before anyone can go off the diving board.
- All injuries, however slight, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- All persons use this facility at their own risk and in conformance with all rules and regulations. Individuals may be barred from the pool or pool area, at the discretion of the lifeguard in charge, or for violation of said rules or for any other reason which in his/her judgment constitutes a hazard to others or the management. The lifeguard is responsible for the strict enforcement of these rules and has authorization to temporarily deprive any member or guest access to the pool. A written statement is to be filed with the management within 24 hours if such action is taken.
- Pool hours will be set by the BRPA Board and posted on the BRPA web site. Any parties and/or use outside of regular pool hours for special events must be arranged through the BRPA and must be approved and staffed by the pool management company at the expense of the member sponsoring the special event. For more information refer to the Party Guidelines and Rental Agreement document located on the BRPA web site.
- Recycling containers are provided for use by members and their guests. Recyclable materials include paper, cardboard, tin, aluminum cans, plastic bottles and glass (upstairs use only).
- Internet access is provided to members and their guests. Access is granted using a password provided by the guards and is to only be used while at the pool or renting the pool clubhouse.
- We ask that members and guests refrain from bringing nut products to the pool and grounds. The membership includes children who have tree-nut allergies and may be susceptible to severe allergic reactions if in contact with nut products.
BRPA Pool Rules